Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A movie with substance

Every so often I get to see a film that touches me.

It happened recently with shortbus which made me laugh hysterically and this weekend again with Control, a film by the photographer Anton Corbijn.

Corbijn's previous experience with a camera was best known as a music video clip director, with some great bands like Depeche Mode and Red Hot Chili Peppers (Give it away know!) unless that is, you happened to catch his short film "Some YoYo Stuff", about one of Reznor's favorite artists, Captain Beefheart.

I could go on and on about how much Joy Division meant for me or how I and Glen Matlock both got expelled from would-be great bands for dancing to a different beat, but that ain't too much to the point.

The film in it self is heart touching as it tries to properly tell the story of Ian Curtis' Division rise and early demise, and as it would be expected from Corbijn's previous body of work, how the photography is amazing. That isn't my point either.

My point is this: If you have a heart go see this movie and feel it being touched from a distance by a genius.

No comments: